Sunday 20 November 2011

Photobucket
Photobucket

These past few weeks have been extremely odd, in regards to writing, having an essay due completely deflects any inclination to write creatively through blogging; I've been hand writing more to escape the monotony of staring blankly at a computer screen. After handing said essay in the other day and with a book review due shortly (groan) it feels like any time spent typing should be consumed with productivity but this weekend has seen an entire loss of motivation which is quite unusual for me, perhaps it's the fact that a 3,000 word book review seems utterly incomprehensible.

It's also been my brother's 18th birthday which has seen family meals, shopping trips and lots of lounging which has prevented a recuperation of motivation. The more I write, the more I feel like I'm trying to justify my lack of output. But I guess that's just the way it goes sometimes, this is what university kids do... Think lots, write little and procrastinate more. I think I kind of like it.

1 comment:

Alisa said...

Think lots, write little... and procrastinate more. Spot on. Thank God you've got the guts to admit it at least! My 'colleagues' can't and won't. And I feel like an idiot.